Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP 1415fn
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Greetings,

So I start a day printing a single page which is completely fine and clean but the next starts getting a blur dirty background and every new page printed is dirtier, until the dirtiest has offset repeating print pattern (offsetted 7.5cm approx.). I thought it was the fuser but the toner seems afixed as I move the finger over the printed stuff and it's well printed.... so I guess it's a dirty roller or toner accumulation somewhere I can't access?

So far I've tried:

- cleaning the two rolls on the back of the printer (last feeding process of the sheets)

- removing and replacing the toners checking their rollers for dirtiness

- printing "cleaning pages"

- launching "support menu 2" and executing the "cleaning belt" procedure

Any clues?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

A repetitive defect at roughly 7.5 cm is an imaging drum defect. The color of the defect should tell you which toner cartridge has failed and will require replacement. If you are using original HP toner and the supply status shows the cartridge is not a low then you are covered by HP image guarantee and can get it replaced, but you will need to contact technical support. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@bolsoncerrado, Welcome to HP Support Community!

If you have already performed the steps from the document Resolving Print Quality Issues and the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

A repetitive defect at roughly 7.5 cm is an imaging drum defect. The color of the defect should tell you which toner cartridge has failed and will require replacement. If you are using original HP toner and the supply status shows the cartridge is not a low then you are covered by HP image guarantee and can get it replaced, but you will need to contact technical support. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

It was indeed a deffective toner cartidge. I replaced it and the problems were gone. Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.