Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crc2
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP3600 printer. Black cartridge replaced and door won't close, cartridge won't seat

HP3600n laser printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Message to replace the black cartridge, inserted the new one and the door wouldn't close.  Tried to re-seat cartridge, but the left side wouldn't insert fully.  Tried to reinsert the old cartridge but it won't seat either (left side issues).  Also tried the yellow cartridge below but it wouldn't seat properly either.  Help!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 10
Level 10
3,325 3,312 317 673
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP3600 printer. Black cartridge replaced and door won't close, cartridge won't seat

If it will not seat on the left hand side then the cartridge locks are broken or the nylon slide that retracts the locks is broken.

See the red arrows. The replacement procedure requires some disassembly of the printer and will require replacement locks.

3600 cartridge locks.jpg

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
crc2
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you for  your help.  In the interim, I pushed the white plastic piece up, shoved in a small piece of paper under the white plastic piece to keep it up and it now works!

0 Kudos
TeeBone1645
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Where may written instructions or video be found to replace the left side cartridge locks for the HP 3600n laserjet printer?  I have the service manual and carefully disassembled the left side down to see three of the four broken locks below a major circuit board but the service manual stops there and I'm afraid to go further without guidance as it looks a little complex with all the springs and other small parts but seems quite repairable with instructions.  I simply want to try to properly replace the four locks ( one RC1-7618 and three RC1-6633 ) and associated components.

TeeBone1645_0-1579620130316.png

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation