Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP3600n laser printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Message to replace the black cartridge, inserted the new one and the door wouldn't close.  Tried to re-seat cartridge, but the left side wouldn't insert fully.  Tried to reinsert the old cartridge but it won't seat either (left side issues).  Also tried the yellow cartridge below but it wouldn't seat properly either.  Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If it will not seat on the left hand side then the cartridge locks are broken or the nylon slide that retracts the locks is broken.

See the red arrows. The replacement procedure requires some disassembly of the printer and will require replacement locks.

3600 cartridge locks.jpg

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

If it will not seat on the left hand side then the cartridge locks are broken or the nylon slide that retracts the locks is broken.

See the red arrows. The replacement procedure requires some disassembly of the printer and will require replacement locks.

3600 cartridge locks.jpg

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thank you for  your help.  In the interim, I pushed the white plastic piece up, shoved in a small piece of paper under the white plastic piece to keep it up and it now works!

HP Recommended

Where may written instructions or video be found to replace the left side cartridge locks for the HP 3600n laserjet printer?  I have the service manual and carefully disassembled the left side down to see three of the four broken locks below a major circuit board but the service manual stops there and I'm afraid to go further without guidance as it looks a little complex with all the springs and other small parts but seems quite repairable with instructions.  I simply want to try to properly replace the four locks ( one RC1-7618 and three RC1-6633 ) and associated components.

TeeBone1645_0-1579620130316.png

HP Recommended

I found the instructions not included in the service manual on how to replace the left side cartridge clips on the 3600 laserjet printer from Liberty Parts Team - LPT:

http://www.lbrty.com/tech/tarticles/taleftlatch.pdf

HP Recommended

I had two broken cartridge lock clips on the left side of my HP3600n laserjet color printer.  I replaced the broken parts but I still had a cartridge lock problem on the right side that turned out to be a broken slider.  See broken piece on left and replacement slider on right just below.

The replacement of this part was relatively straight forward with very good patience but it can only be done properly with good instructions not in the service manual but I found at:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software8/COL17123/lj-45472-1/tonerlock3.wmv

broken slider.jpg

Again, if I could replace the bad parts, just about anyone can....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.