Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Example: Dell XPS 8930
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm having trouble downloading drivers for HP laserjet pro m201dw on a Dell XPS 8930 Windows 10 - 64 bit operating system with a 64 based processor.   I have the original printer disc but I can't get anything off of that.  Any feedback would be appreciated.  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Patty22 

• Try a different browser is one idea, of course.
  • Check the browser you are using to be sure it is not trying to update - or needs you to restart the browser because it just did update.
  • Check your browser security.
  • Check the source - only download hp software from HP.
  • Check to make sure Windows is not waiting to be restarted after an update has been installed - "waiting" is usually benign but it is possible that the browser is impacted if Windows updates are "halfway" installed.

For those reading:

At this writing, there are still a number of drivers, the firmware, and other information for this printer at the Software and Driver support website

For example

Full Solution Software
HP LaserJet Pro M201dw, M201n, M202dw, and M202n Printer Full Software and Drivers

I've tested the download - that works.  I cannot test much beyond this - I don't have this printer model.

Additional Information

Print and Scan Doctor - Diagnostics - Printing  (Scroll down to see link)

** Printer Software – Blocked in Security Software **

Check your Security Software to make sure the printer software is not being blocked.  Most Security software will allow you to make an exception for applications / software you want to use on your computer.

If you make changes to the security software setup, Restart your computer and log in.

** Install - Optional - Video help **

NOTE:  Videos may be found in one or more locations (depending on printer / software / version)

Open the printer Software and Drivers page >

Scroll down and select Related Videos > Click View All >

Find and view the relevant video

AND / OR

** Install - Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer” **

Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to, Troubleshooting, User Guides, Product Information, more

Open the printer Support Website Homepage >

Scroll down and select Video Tutorials > Click View All >

Find and view the relevant video

AND / OR

Install - HP Collection of “how-to” videos

HP Video Gallery

• Use Categories and the search window to narrow the search. 

For example,

Category Printers and All-in-Ones > Install, Setup, Drivers

• Select your Video

Reference and Resources – Places to find help and learn how to use your Printer

Clarification of terms and "what the printer can do" (Specifications)

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP LaserJet Pro M201dw

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.