Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet 1000 Q1324a
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I'm looking everywhere for a printer driver - HP Laserjet 1000 Q1324a - for MacAir.

No luck yet.
Is there a compatible driver?  I've tried the 1012, 1200, nothing seems to work.
Grateful for any leads - thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

What is your exact printer model?

While you mention HP Laserjet 1000, you mention Q1324a too which equals an HP Color Laserjet 3700 printer, these are completely different printer models...

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hello and thanks for getting back to me - My Mistake - The correct number is Q1342A
On a label on the bottom of the printer.
Thanks!

HP Recommended

Buy a new printer. This printer is a 20 year old, Host based driver printer with 1 mb of RAM. Even if you could get it to work it is going to have problems with today's complex documents. Time for an upgrade.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.