Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Help needed! How do you fix a “paper jam” when you don’t have one?

HP Recommended
Office Jet Pro

A “paper jam” error message keeps popping up, and there doesn’t seem to be a paper jam.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3,257 3,240 144 197
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Guster3,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the  "Paper jam" issue. 

May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Meanwhile, try a power reset on the printer-

Reset the product

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  2. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  3. Wait at least 60 seconds.
  4. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  5. Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
  6. Turn the printer on. HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 6
359 359 33 49
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you've had this printer awhile, it's possible that the pickup/feed roller is worn or dirty and not able to pick the paper, which will cause jam errors. Try cleaning the roller and look to see if it's worn smooth. It may need replacing.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation