Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
M477 fnw
Other

I bought a HP PRINTER M477 FNW 2 YEARS ago, at one point i had no problem printing from my Tablet Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2.

Ok i contacted Samsung and also HP I informed both companies that the app inwhich they wanted me to download stated. That the app may not optimize with my tablet. Samsung was willing to give me help at no charge, but HP wanted to charge for there service i can not beleive this because i spent around $500.00 for this printer and now 2yrs later. I cannot get help with this unless i pay them, at this point I will never purchase another HP anything and i will let anyone that maybe looking into purchasing anything HP. If you do they have one of the worst warranty there is for the price they charge for there expensive printers, I could not beleive that this billion dollar company still need to milk there customers for more money after purchases.  And also I had HP and Samsung on a 3way call and the Samsung rep ask if they could help, with installing firmware, the only thing he kept saying was that i would have to purchase some package to pay for support.

I am Done with HP

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

If you need to rant and get something off your chest, then go ahead.  When you do then please let other readers know if you intend to solve a problem or not.  Readers (like myself) who normally respond can then safely ignore your post without spending any time trying to convince or educate you.  HP is not required to read anything on the forum so your complaint is not likely to have an impact.  

For what it is worth, HP printers come with a warranty.  Once the warranty is expired HP is no longer required to offer you support.  Most printers come with a 1-2 year warranty.  After that they will charge you for most support issues like an App on a tablet.  That is the nature of the beast and the standard across the industry.  You are very likely to encounter this exact same scenario with another print manufacturer.

Let us know if you would like help solving any problems or not.

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.