MikeyBe
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Horizontal cyan stripe on printer output

Color LaserJet 5550DN
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a Color JaserJet 5550 the produces a horizontal cyan band across the bottom of every page I print out.  I've attached an example picture of the output I get.  Any suggestions on what I should change...

Thanks.

IMG_0349.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
philteeth
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Spoiler

Mine does same thing but mine is COLOR LASERJET MFPM477.  Perform a "cleaning" of the cartridges in the menu on your printer ... SETUP / SERVICE (or tools) / CLEANING.  Should noticed less pronounced lines.  Perform 2nd cleaning if needed.

IF not working for you, only way now is to REPLACE w a NEW CYAN cartridge, even though that means you'll waste whatever you have left in your existing CYAN ink.  Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
MikeyBe
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply but I've been through all the menus and can't find any "Cleaning" options at all...

I guess we'll orider a new toner and see what happens.

0 Kudos
MikeyBe
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok, this has gotten a little weirder...

If I select Black & White in the printer driver, the smearing is still there but is now in black not cyan.  Also if I enable duplex printing, the smear is only on one side of the paper, not both sides as I'd expect.

Mike

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation