Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Color LaserJet 5550DN
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a Color JaserJet 5550 the produces a horizontal cyan band across the bottom of every page I print out.  I've attached an example picture of the output I get.  Any suggestions on what I should change...

Thanks.

IMG_0349.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Spoiler

Mine does same thing but mine is COLOR LASERJET MFPM477.  Perform a "cleaning" of the cartridges in the menu on your printer ... SETUP / SERVICE (or tools) / CLEANING.  Should noticed less pronounced lines.  Perform 2nd cleaning if needed.

IF not working for you, only way now is to REPLACE w a NEW CYAN cartridge, even though that means you'll waste whatever you have left in your existing CYAN ink.  Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply but I've been through all the menus and can't find any "Cleaning" options at all...

I guess we'll orider a new toner and see what happens.

HP Recommended

Ok, this has gotten a little weirder...

If I select Black & White in the printer driver, the smearing is still there but is now in black not cyan.  Also if I enable duplex printing, the smear is only on one side of the paper, not both sides as I'd expect.

Mike

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.