Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
G3Q35A
iOS

I would very much like to set up and use my LaserJet Pro M102w. I have not had any luck with the online instructions. They usually begin by saying “Make sure your device is connected to the same WiFi network as the printer,” but the instructions are not clear on how to connect the printer to the WiFi network in the first place. I did find one page that detailed it, and it said something like “Hold the Information and WiFi buttons at the same time until the WiFi light flashes.” My printer does not have an “Information” button that I can see, it has a WiFi button and button with what looks like a piece of paper with a downwards arrow on it and a red X (a paper jam button, maybe?). I tried holding them simultaneously for a bit, this did cause the WiFi button to blink in blue, and a circle on the button panel to blink in green. The instructions said I should press the WPS button on my WiFI router. I tried that, but, it did not seem to cause the printer to connect to the WiFi. Also, I don’t know how to even check if it’s connected, since the instructions say that holding those two previously named buttons would print out a WiFi report, but for me, it just prints a paper that says LaserJet m101-106 Series, with a big picture of a printer.

So, how do I get started? I need to connect my LaserJer M102W to my WiFi network. Any advice?

For the record, I’m sorry to say, the information for this product has been really poor quality, and I hope HP will try to improve on this front in the future, for the benefit of their customers.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Try these instructions:

Print with AirPrint
Open the app that you want to print from.
To find the print option, tap the app’s share icon — or — or tap .
Scroll down and tap or Print. If you can’t find the print option, check the app’s User Guide or Help section. Not all apps support AirPrint.
Tap Select Printer and choose an AirPrint-enabled printer.
Choose the number of copies or other options, like which pages you want to print.
Tap Print in the upper-right corner.

Print with AirPrint
Open the app that you want to print from.
To find the print option, tap the app’s share icon — or — or tap .
Scroll down and tap or Print. If you can’t find the print option, check the app’s User Guide or Help section. Not all apps support AirPrint.
Tap Select Printer and choose an AirPrint-enabled printer.
Choose the number of copies or other options, like which pages you want to print.
Tap Print in the upper-right corner.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.