Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdn printer
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I want to change the printing resolution on my Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdn printer but cannot figure out how to do it. My printer worked nicely until I made the mistake of buying 4 new color cartridges. Now the print output looks washed out. How do I change the output resolution of the printer, especially when printing using MS Word for Mac (version 16.25).

P.S. if you are using the HP Laserjet 4350, the instructions for doing this are below.

From the Apple, select: System, Preferences, Printer, hp LaserJet 4350, Options and Supplies, General tab, Show Printer Webpage. From there, select: SETTINGS tab, CONFIGURE DEVICE, +CONFIGURE DEVICE, +PRINT QUALITY. Under the Print Quailty area you should see: RESOLUTION 600, RET MEDIUM, ECONOMODE OFF. TONER DENSITY 5.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.