Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Laserjet Pro M203dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I perform a cold reset on a laserjet pro M203dw? I miss-typed the gateway IP and cannot get back into it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

NVRAM Initialization

• With the device off, depress and hold the [Go] button.
  • Power on the device and hold [GO] button for 20 seconds. When the ready led turns on, release the [GO] button.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi @Rlhoward,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand you are looking to perform a reset on your HP LaserJet printer. Don't worry as I have a few steps which should help you resolve this issue.

Let's start off by performing a Hard reset on the printer and make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Remove USB cable, if present.

Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

I am sending you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your Profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Please reply back on the public post as this Private message box is not monitored.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @Rlhoward,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand you are looking to perform a reset on your HP LaserJet printer. Don't worry as I have a few steps which should help you resolve this issue.

Let's start off by performing a Hard reset on the printer and make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Remove USB cable, if present.

Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

I am sending you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your Profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Please reply back on the public post as this Private message box is not monitored.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have a fixed IP on my M203 and it's on the wrong subnet, I  cannot access either via USB and it won't take the WiFi settings hence I need to hard reset. Any chance of getting the instructions also. Many Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi @Romey3,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips!

I understand you are having issues with your HP LaserJet printer. Don't worry we'll work together to find a solution for you.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

exact same problem here. may i have the MP too ?

HP Recommended

Do you think you can share how to factory reset this printer with the rest of the world? Why does this have to be a private message?????????

I'm in a client's home right now and don't have time to camp out here. Besides, I didn't pack an overnight bag.

Please email me with a phone number or some way I can get this machine reset. It used to work great. Now, it's a glorified paperweight because it no longer prints via wifi.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

NVRAM Initialization

• With the device off, depress and hold the [Go] button.
  • Power on the device and hold [GO] button for 20 seconds. When the ready led turns on, release the [GO] button.
HP Recommended

Thank you! And by "GO" button, are you referring to the power button?

HP Recommended

Hello,

What you meen GO button?

There is not such button....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.