Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro M102w
Chrome OS

Hello, I recently got a LaserJet Pro M102w and a chromebook computer. I was wondering how to get it to print. I tried using the USB cable, but it said that configuration was required. However when I went to select it from the list of printers, this model did not show up. 

What can I do in order to establish a connection between the two? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

The specific printer model does not support USB printing from a Chromebook.

You may connect the printer to the same wireless network and then use it with a Chromebook.

First, reset the wireless settings by holding the wireless button for about 20 seconds, till both the power and Attention lights blinks together, then the printer restarts.

From a supported wirelessly connected device ( windows 10, Mac, Android or iOS device), ensure the device is connected to your home wifi and that an HP- Setup network is shown in the nearby wireless networks list, open HP the Smart app and click the plus Sign, then follow the steps on screen to connect the printer to your wireless network.

Once the printer is connected to the same wireless network as your Chromebook, add and use the printer with HP Print for Chrome:

https://support.hp.com/id-en/document/c04683559

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended
Hello, Thank you for the guidance. Unfortunately, whenever I hold down the wireless button for 20 seconds, nothing happens until I let it up. When I let the button up, it prints a wireless report, and doesn't reset the wireless. Even if the wireless is reset, how do I govern which network the printer connects to?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.