Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My HP Officejet functions fine as a printer and copier and outgoing fax, but I cannot scan a document and then e-mail it, for instance.  I have only the phone line connected, but not an ethernet.  I am unsure if I should plug the ethernet cable direct from the printer to the Netgear router in order to get the information to pass from the printer to the computer, and if so, how do I find the appropriate address for it?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

BonnieECyr, hope you are doing well and sorry to learn that you are having this issue;

Go to the control panel printer and devices  click on the HP printer and you should see under scan Actions Activate scan to computer. You should see something like this.

scan-from-hp-printer-to-computer1

Let me know the outcome  I will do my best to help you if you need futher assistance.

Hope this helps!

RobertoR

:manlol: Remember ==▼

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :OpenSmile:
HP Recommended

I am trying to hook up my windows computer to my hp officejet 6500 scanner but when I go to my printer options it doenst have any scanner options for me to active scanner to use it. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.