Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
M277DW
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Hello...

I was setting up my new HP Color LaserJet Pro M277DW, and I selected the country to Singapore

I would like to change it to Indonesia, since I only study here for about two years, then I will return to Indonesia

I have tried finding the option to reset the country from the control panel and web interface but found no option to change the country or reset to initial setup again (like phones do)

I have heard some people are having this problem too, and from what I know, the staff from HP sent them a special instruction on how to reset the printer via private message

Could I have this instruction too, so I can reset my printer here?

Thank you for the cooperation

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@GeraldLCPD

Welcome to the HP Forums, this is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you want to change the country settings. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

I am sending you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Please reply back on the public post as this Private message box is not monitored.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@GeraldLCPD

Welcome to the HP Forums, this is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you want to change the country settings. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

I am sending you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Please reply back on the public post as this Private message box is not monitored.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi

I have tried the method you mentioned, but the printer did not allow me to reselect the country, it just reset the saved settings only without going through the initial setup again

Does this mean that I did it correctly or I did not?

Thanks

HP Recommended

@GeraldLCPD

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

This issue may require one to one interaction with the HP Phone Support.

I suggest that you contact HP Phone Support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

You have a good day ahead.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Since you helped the previous person via private message, that doesn't help the rest of us having the identical problem - I used to live in the UK with my US printer and never encounteed this problem, but I just moved back from the States 6 months ago and can't use compatible HP UK ink cartridges - the printer says "Incompatible cartridge" even tho it's the correct one for my printer. 

HP Recommended

tôi cũng gặp vấn đề tương tự với model M254 . hy vọng bạn có thể giúp tôi

HP Recommended

@hung86xyz

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To ensure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Community.

German: HP Kundenforum
Spanish: Foro de usuarios de HP
French: Forum des utilisateurs
Portuguese: Fórum dos usuários HP
Chinese: 惠普个人客户支持论坛
Korean: HP 지식커뮤니티

Thank you for your understanding.

I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.