Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 2
7 3 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to change the printers admin password on MFP M277dw?

Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I am reading the manual for my printer and trying to change the Admin password.  However, the steps want me to click on things that do not exist as written by HP.

So far (I've changed nothing yet) from Networking > Wireless Configuration > Configuration Method I presently have > Join an Existing Wireless Network.  If I switch it to "using wifi protected setup (WPS)".  Is this the correct way to keep an outside hacker from using the admin password (which I have no idea of what it is) from getting in to my network?

My "admin password" shows up as "non-specified.  I also am showing "firewall disabled".

Help!! 🙂 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
1,296 1,285 52 105
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please be advised:

Do not accept the number of any service claimed to be provided by HP. If you are being contacted by an HP employee, you will know by the orange indicator next to the name stating their role on this platform. 

Any other user providing service numbers are likely spammer. 

Please make sure to read carefully all of the steps necessary to keep your private information safe on this public platform. 

Regards,

Arthur-c

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4,271 4,177 241 616
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@garyb36350

Thank you for using HP Support Community.

According to the Community's Rules of Participation:

4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

Therefore, this topic is being locked. If you would like help resetting the password on your product, please Contact HP support in your region. 

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation