Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet MFP M281fdw
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I would like to know tow answers to my two following questions:

- How should I locate the fax log?

- How to  stop the machine trying without stopping to send a fax to a number which is busy all the time

The fax was sent from my iMac

Thanks and regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Riklar

You can check the Fax Log in the Printer's EWS Page

(a) Touch wireless icon on your printer and record its IP address,

(b) Open web browser on your computer and put printer IP address to URL area then hit enter,

(b) From there, click Fax tab,

(c) Click Information section to open Fax log

faxlog.png

If you are having issues with Fax, I suggest you restore the fax settings on the printer and then setup the fax again

You can refer to page 68 in the User guide for help in setting up the Fax again. Link: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05543371

Thank you and have a great day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
HP Recommended

@Riklar

You can check the Fax Log in the Printer's EWS Page

(a) Touch wireless icon on your printer and record its IP address,

(b) Open web browser on your computer and put printer IP address to URL area then hit enter,

(b) From there, click Fax tab,

(c) Click Information section to open Fax log

faxlog.png

If you are having issues with Fax, I suggest you restore the fax settings on the printer and then setup the fax again

You can refer to page 68 in the User guide for help in setting up the Fax again. Link: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05543371

Thank you and have a great day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply and for  the explanations.

Unfortunately, I am unable to find the IP address of my printer. and can't find wireless icon, among the icons on my printer small screen,

I am looking forward to having your further assistance.

I repeat that I am able to print toucan to send fax and receiving them, but the way to find my fax log is long.

HP Recommended

And , please can you explain for me the second question I am presenting  in my initial post

HP Recommended

I have found the fax log, and thanking you once again.

I have one very strange feature in my log and it is the date details inter fax log. j hope you may explain me how to fix the date appearance

.https://www.dropbox.com/s/gqlbkgzpolsioim/dates%20of%20fax%20log.pdf?dl=0

HP Recommended

@Riklar

I see that the dates are incorrect. I suggest you try changing the dates and time in the EWS page 

Type the IP of the printer into the address bar of your preferred browser (IE, Chrome, Firefox, etc)
Press Enter to access the EWS (embedded web server) for the printer
Select the Settings tab at the top
Click the checkbox at the bottom for "Use the same time zone set on this computer" and click Apply

HP Embedded Web Server, selected "settings", next "preferences", next "date & time", next checked the box " Sync with this computer's date and time settings".

Note: the options might vary slightly based on printer model

I did not quite understand the second issue regarding sending a fax to a busy number. Could you elaborate more on the issue please

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your detailed explanations. I  am afraid  I am iunable to find your instructions in my browser ׳info window. See the attached screen picture

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dv8jdfxopwo6ew4/Screen%20Shot%202019-09-10%20at%2017.41.42.png?dl=0

HP Recommended

@Riklar

You will need to log into the printer's EWS page and not from the Software

Type the IP of the printer into the address bar of your preferred browser 
Press Enter to access the EWS (embedded web server) for the printer
Select the Settings tab at the top
Click the checkbox at the bottom for "Use the same time zone set on this computer" and click Apply

HP Embedded Web Server, selected "settings", next "preferences", next "date & time", next checked the box " Sync with this computer's date and time settings".

Note: the options might vary slightly based on printer model

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply and for the explanations.

I was not clear. I wrote you that I have fond the IP of my printer according to your explanations.

I have enter with my Safari into HP page and its screen shot is attached. You can observed the IP number on the top of the page.

I can't find the command you mention. I will appreciate your explanations how I am continuing from this open page, and where I am able to find the command about the dates in the fax log

Once again thanks for the patient you are showing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oze54xtir75a5dq/hp%20color.pdf?dl=0

HP Recommended

@Riklar

After you get to the EWS Page, click on the Tab FAX and look for the FAX Logs under Information Tab 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.