Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
hp laserjet 1536dnf mfp
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Have already tried the turn off printer, wait 30 seconds and turn back on.  Doesn't work.  

Disconnected the usb cable and power cable.  Didn't work.

79 error just keeps popping up.

Firmware says no support or it doesn't download.

What's next?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Jill240

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand you have an error 79 on the printer,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Have you attempted to upgrade the firmware using the HP website?

While you respond to that, the only other steps to do, is reset the printer to factory defaults and to help you with that, I have taken the liberty of sending out a private message that consists the top secret files/steps to perform the full-reset 😉

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile 

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it 

Please reply back on the public post as this Private message box is not monitored.

(The reason we are utilizing the private message is because the instructions are critical)

If the issue persists, though, I'm afraid the only way forward is to Contact HP to get the printer either repaired or replaced:

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  

1) Click on this link - https://hp.care/2moMFSc

2) Click on "Continue as guest".

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution".

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry to say that your 3 solutions did not work.

Anything else that I can do?

Jill240

HP Recommended

@Jill240

Thank you for your reply.

As @Riddle_Decipher is out of the office today, I'm replying to you. 

Based on the results, the evidence points towards a hardware issue with the printer. You may try to remove the toners out and put them back in again and check if that helps.

Also, in your free time, please review this HP document as it helps in fixing the 79 error: https://hp.care/2LgLnEu

If the issue still persists then please reachout to our HP phone support team to check the available service options based on the warranty of your printer:

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  

1. Click on this link – https://hp.care/2moMFSc
  2. 2) Click on “Continue as guest”.
  3. 3) Enter the serial of your device.
  4. 4) Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. 5) Click on “Show Options”.

Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Hope this information helps. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Good luck! 

HP Recommended

HP LaserJet 1536dnf MFP keeps saying error 79  nothing different has caused it.  It just happened.  I have unpluged everything and re-pluged and followed instructions.  It keeps initializing says Ready but keeps doing the same thing over and over.   

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.