Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to print with only a black cartridge in a HP Color 3550 Laser Jet printer

Color 3550 Laser Jet
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Windows 10 64 bit OS. I need to replace a color cartridge in a HP Color 3550 series Laser Jet printer. My questions are  1. Can I print in Black and White without replacing the color cartridge? If so How?

2. Question : I downloaded Windows Vista drivers that don't install. Help. How do I install the drivers in my Windows 10?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
3,297 3,291 379 477
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If any of your colour toner cartridges have reached empty you will not be able to print until you replace them.

There is a diagnostic option to disable cartridge check, in that case, the printer will continue to print even with the empty or missing toner cartridge. MENU -> DIAGNOSTICS -> DISABLE CARTRIDGE CHECK  you will need to enable this option every time printer is turned ON.

#stayathome#ostanimodoma

View my profile on LinkedIn
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
3,880 3,863 405 825
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Support document on how to do this:

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c03515691

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation