Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laserjet 4P
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I unplugged the LJ4P USB cable to satisfy Microsoft in troubleshooting a update problem. When I tried to use the old installed version it shows offline. I finally got a third version installed which will print, but there now is no duplex capability (duplex printing is an add-on piece of hardware) The first version shows duplex capability but I can't figure out how to get it to be back online and ready.  There are two docs still in its queue. HP apparently doesn't have anyone old enough to even be able to converse about the topic. My only solution is to uninstall even the working version and try a new install. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,
Make sure the Automatic Duplexing option is enabled for the working version:

Enter Control Panel > Devices and Printers.
Right-click the printer icon, then click Printer Properties.
Click the Device Settings tab.
Set the Automatic Two-Sided Duplex Accessory as installed and click OK to save the change.

Now Automatic Duplexing should become available.

Regards,
Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,
Make sure the Automatic Duplexing option is enabled for the working version:

Enter Control Panel > Devices and Printers.
Right-click the printer icon, then click Printer Properties.
Click the Device Settings tab.
Set the Automatic Two-Sided Duplex Accessory as installed and click OK to save the change.

Now Automatic Duplexing should become available.

Regards,
Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

That worked. Thanks. I remember doing that years ago but forgot where to look to activate it. The problem was finding the printer since it is found under unlisted devices since there is no indicator somewhere in the properties that identifies it as a printer.  Thanks again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.