Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Magnus5 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to remove broken protection strip in toner cartridge?

When I replaced a toner cartridge I removed the orange-coloured plastic parts. Instead of pulling the entire protection strip out from the side, I accidentally cut it off, so basically the whole strip is stuck inside the cartridge.  Just a few millimetres are sticking out, but not enough to get a proper grip with pliers or other tool. Is it easy to open up somewhere to get it out without damaging anything?

4 REPLIES 4
Professor
Professor
2,067 1,806 164 319
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That strip keeps the toner in the supply bin. Any disassembly runs the of a major toner spill. You could check YouTube for videos on how to refill and it might give you some guidance. 

Find this information helpful? Please click Kudos or tag as solution. I am not an employee of HP but a current field service tech with 20+ years real world experience troubleshooting and fixing HP Imaging hardware.
0 Kudos
Magnus5 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok, bad news... But thanks for the information!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher
122 120 8 10
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Some small needle nosed pliers or good tweezers might be able to grab it. You could also try attaching some strips of tape to both sides to give it some length to maybe get it to pull out.

Magnus5 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you! I´ll try that!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation