Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Hp LaserJet m402dne
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

ISSUE: 

New Hp LaserJet m402dne printer stops after each printed page. Orange message light (!) is displayed stating "Press OK to modify". Once OK is pressed, the page will print until the second page. User has to click "Ok" for each page.  All settings appeared to be correct (at its deafult settings).  I checked all simular messages but not specific to my issue.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

This always due to a mismatch between the size and type of paper the printer thinks is in the paper tray and the size and type of paper which the job is asking for. The best way to solve this issue is to set tray 2 to size any (if allowed and if not to the stanrdare size for your location) and type any. Run a config page from the information menu on the printer and it will tell you what size and type paper the printer thinks is in the tray. Check the driver to make sure the size and especially the type of paper is the same.

HP Recommended

After checking the config page, the printer settings were the issue. I accessed the printer setting by the IP Address and made the necessary changes. Printer now works. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi Woommavovah

Please Make Sure The Page Size Setected on The Printer is Same as That you are using and Same as The Media Size That you are Using.

For Example If You are Using A4 Plain Pages

On The Printer, Select The Paper Type as Plain And Paper Size as A4

On The Printer Driver, Select The same settings.

Hope This Helps.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.”

#ExpertDay.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query,

this happens whenver there is a mismatch of tray settings please perform the following settings on the printer driver 

do the following settings :

if you are using win 
devices and printers
select printer
printer properties
device settings
printer auto select : letter
manual feed : not available
tray 1 : letter
tray 2: A4

then printing preferences
paper / quality tab
paper size : A4
paper source : Tray 2
paper type : Plain

and go to set up menu >>system setup >> tray 1 any type any size>>ok

tray 1>>plain and A4

this will fix the issue

Thanks

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

#HpExpertDay

HP Recommended
Unexpected size in Tray <#>. Load <SIZE>.OR  Press [OK] to continue.
The product has detected paper in the indicated tray that does not match the configuration for the tray.
Recommended action
Load the correct paper into the tray, or configure the tray for the size that you have loaded and press OK to continue printing.Say go to tray settings and choose tray 1 and set tray 1 type to any type and size to any size , and for tray 2 size -a4 and type as plane .
100% issue will be solved .

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.