Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Color laser jet enterprisemfp m680
macOS 10.13 High Sierra
We have an hp m680 that originally was setup to require a password to print color. Our office never used color and has lost the password. We tried admin, password and leaving it blank but had no luck.

How can we reset too where no password is ever required?
12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi Lava-tech,

I have sent you the reset procedure via a private message.

Cheers!

ALEX-TATS
Printer Engineer for a HP Platinum Partner
I am not a HP employee
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
HP Recommended

Can you please send me the reset instructions here too ? I have the same problem , my printer is 

HP Color LaserJet MFP M680 

Appreciate any help

HP Recommended

I have a HP Color LaserJet Flow MFP M680

Apparently there is an admin password I can't retrieve. I went to the unit, reset the security and I am here on the HP General screen, and I can't log in.

I tried to again, reset the security then type new password and verify assword, but it wants the OLD password which is not working.

Any laymen term help would be greatly appreciated.

Gloria

[Personal Information Removed]

HP Recommended

Hi @GTAN1981,

I have just sent you confidential instructions via a private message.

I hope this will help you,

Cheers!

ALEX-TATS
Printer Engineer for a HP Platinum Partner
I am not a HP employee
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
HP Recommended

Hi!  Can you send me these directions as well?  Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi! Would you please send me the instuctions as well? Thanks!

HP Recommended

Can you send me the instructions too please.  I am having the same issue with a password being set and not knowing it.

HP Recommended

Trying to get the information to reset admin password on our MFP M680, It was changed before I got here and nobody knows the password. Thanks for any help.

01001000 01100101 01101100 01101100 01101111 00100001
HP Recommended

hello alex

I have the same problem.

can you pls send me reset procedure.

thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.