Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
IMAC
macOS 10.14 Mojave

WITH SIERRA I CAN PRINT WITHOUT PROBLEM, SINCE MOJAVE IS INSTALLED I CAN NOT BE ABLE TO PRINT

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi there,

I feel what you felt since I can't use my old HP printer on High Sierra. The thing is that HP is not release any independent drive on their website for printers. Instead, they shipped it with the Apple Update package. My suggestion is to regularly check Apple Update page for HP printers update. I got mine days back for High Sierra. Hopefuly, yours will be arriving soon..!

I hope your problems solved soon.
Best regards,

Bellmond

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@GIULIO84

A warm welcome to HP forums! This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I understand you are not able to print from your Mac and I'll be glad to help you out. However, for an accurate solution, I would need more details:

Are you using an HP LaserJet Pro CP1025 or HP LaserJet Pro CP1025nw printer?

Any error when you try to print?

How is the printer connected, USB or Wireless?

Let me know!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

is HP LaserJet CP1025 nw color printer when I incoming to use Sierra  i was difficlut to print some PDF file, now with Mojave 10.14.1 they said format not corret and the was print only the word  but not the picture, i try to delete and re-install avery think

I don't know what i do but now print only pdf but nont print the athe file ( es Numbers or Pages)

the window of printer read Numers file in to .Pdf File!

whit out print!

is connect by USB

i cant do it by wireless!

HP Recommended

Hi there,

I feel what you felt since I can't use my old HP printer on High Sierra. The thing is that HP is not release any independent drive on their website for printers. Instead, they shipped it with the Apple Update package. My suggestion is to regularly check Apple Update page for HP printers update. I got mine days back for High Sierra. Hopefuly, yours will be arriving soon..!

I hope your problems solved soon.
Best regards,

Bellmond
HP Recommended

@GIULIO84

Thanks! Printing the PDF file as an image may resolve the issue, you may use the steps available here to print the PDF file as an image.

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Printer is CP1025mw.  Was working OK, but after software upgrade to macOS Mojave I cannot print.  Tried all file types, pdf, word, powerpoint.  Initially get the message "Printing - sending data to printer", then  get the messaged 'Stopped - sending data to printer".   Tried re-installing the printer, reseting the printer, etc, no luvk, always the same outcome.

HP Recommended

@PJT58

As per this document, HP LaserJet CP1025nw Color printer is not compatible with Mojave. However, if the printer is connected to your home wireless network then you can try setting up the printer with Apple AirPrint. Here is how to do it:

Please ensure that the printer is up to date with its firmware and Mac is up to date with it's software. If you are unsure you may use the links below to update the printer and Mac software:

Update printer firmware

Update software on Mac 

1.) Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.

2.) Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer.

3.) If you see multiple printer queues for the same printer, remove all extra printers by selecting them one at a time, and then clicking the minus button  at the bottom of the list.

4.) Click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name.

5.) Click the Use or Print Using menu, select AirPrint or Secure AirPrint in the pop-up menu. Then click Add.

Select AirPrint from the Use menu

6.) Try to print.

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Printer: Laserjet CP1025NW

Mac OS: 10.14.5

I have followed many different sets of HP instructions for connecting wireless, resetting printer, etc.  and still get "waiting" or "filter failed" messages. In removing and reloading printer I am not seeing air print option when "use" drop down menu appears. In going through the connect wireless the message I get is that the printer is connected to the network...why will it not accept data and print from computer? Will this printing issue clear up if I download Catalina?

HP Recommended

@Captionmike

I have gone through your post and I understand your concerns

I appreciate all your efforts and expertise in troubleshooting this issue

I suggest you try the HP Smart App for MAC and let me know if you are able to print

Please refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06188214

Keep me posted how it goes 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.