Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
hp colorlaserjet CP1518ni
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello I have a HP cp1518ni. Printer was removed and then reinstalled and now only prints in black and white. When I print a test page from printer it is in color. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The driver likely did not detect the printer as color. On your computer go to control panel >devices and printers and then right click on the icon for your printer and select printer properties from the drop down menu.  Go to the device settings tab and scroll down to bottom of the installable options list till you find device type and set it to color. If your driver does not offer that option check the printing defaults for the driver to make sure it is set to color. Also make sure you have an HP driver installed and not a Class Driver which is a Microsoft driver and does not provide the options the HP driver does.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The driver likely did not detect the printer as color. On your computer go to control panel >devices and printers and then right click on the icon for your printer and select printer properties from the drop down menu.  Go to the device settings tab and scroll down to bottom of the installable options list till you find device type and set it to color. If your driver does not offer that option check the printing defaults for the driver to make sure it is set to color. Also make sure you have an HP driver installed and not a Class Driver which is a Microsoft driver and does not provide the options the HP driver does.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much I worked on this for eight hours today and asked a question and you answered fixed in ten minutes. Thank you again.

HP Recommended

You are welcome, always nice to hear back about a positive outcome. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.