Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Images have black toner bleed when printed

m553
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just got  the printer and am printing on 170g paper. I have the paper type set correctly.  I have tried all print qualities available and I around the black print there is a "halo" of black toner on every black image or text. The fuser seems to get hot. The paper feels hot when it comes out. What could be causing this?20190820_132908.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Professor
Professor
2,067 1,806 164 319
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Original HP toners? looks like an issue with either resistance or humidity. Under print quality settings on the printer you can change both these settings.

Find this information helpful? Please click Kudos or tag as solution. I am not an employee of HP but a current field service tech with 20+ years real world experience troubleshooting and fixing HP Imaging hardware.
0 Kudos
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
614 603 48 91
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

could it be the font? The text below that looks just fine. Have you tried "print as image" you may need a post script driver

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation