Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
laserjet M1136 MFP
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I am unable to install my printer and the help I received from your service yesterday (case No.

5051410441) failed. I was advised to re-approach customer service for installation

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@dk46--__

Follow the steps below-

Temporarily disable firewall software on your computer.

1. Click the Apple menu, then click System Preferences.

2. Click Security & Privacy.

3. On the Security & Privacy window, click Firewall, then click Firewall: Off.

Turning off the firewall

4. Try installing the HP software again.

Uninstall the HP software

Some HP software components might have installed incorrectly, even if the driver and printer setup did not complete. Uninstall the HP software, then restart the Mac.

1. Click Finder in the Dock.

2. In the menu bar, click Go, click Applications, and then open the HP or Hewlett Packard folder.

3. Double-click HP Uninstaller, then follow the on-screen instructions to remove the HP software from the computer.

NOTE: 

If you have issues uninstalling the HP software, go to Uninstalling HP Printer Software (Mac) for more help.

Continue to the next step.

Reinstall the HP software

Go to the HP website to download and install the most current version of the Mac driver and software for your printer.

1. Turn on the printer.

2. If your printer is connected to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer. The software installation prompts you to connect the cable if needed.

3. Go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads.

4. If a Let's identify your product to get started page displays, click Printer, type your printer model number, and then click Submit.

The software results page for your printer displays with the default operating system selected.

5. If you need to change the operating system, click Change, select your version, and then click Change.

6. Click Download next to HP Easy Start or next to the full feature driver, depending on the option that displays.

7. Open the Downloads folder, and then open the HP Easy Start file or the full feature driver .dmg file to begin the installation.

8. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up the printer connection and install the software.

9. If you are prompted to add the printer to the printer queue, click the name of your printer, click the Use or Print Using menu, select the name of your printer in the pop-up menu, and then click Add.

Select your printer name in the Use menu on the Add screen

10. Return to the HP installer to complete the installation.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I have the same question

HP Recommended

@dk46--__, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To be able to assist you better, I would like to know the following:

• How is the printer connected?
  • Could you brief us on the steps performed and the issue so we do not repeat the same here?
  • Is there any error message on the computer?
  • Is there any antivirus software installed on your computer?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The printer is connected by a USB cable provided by hp

I have followed the link provided by hp staff and started loading the file which is 5.l dmg Though the file size is 574 MB the down load showed 600 and sometimes it stops which means I have to reload and that takes a lot of time. I am not aware whether this is the only driver or there are many more

There is no error message but after download I am unable to proceed further for installation as there is no hyper link on the file

I have not installed any antivirus software so far. The lap top is just a month old and I am yet to put it to full use

HP Recommended

@dk46--__

Follow the steps below-

Temporarily disable firewall software on your computer.

1. Click the Apple menu, then click System Preferences.

2. Click Security & Privacy.

3. On the Security & Privacy window, click Firewall, then click Firewall: Off.

Turning off the firewall

4. Try installing the HP software again.

Uninstall the HP software

Some HP software components might have installed incorrectly, even if the driver and printer setup did not complete. Uninstall the HP software, then restart the Mac.

1. Click Finder in the Dock.

2. In the menu bar, click Go, click Applications, and then open the HP or Hewlett Packard folder.

3. Double-click HP Uninstaller, then follow the on-screen instructions to remove the HP software from the computer.

NOTE: 

If you have issues uninstalling the HP software, go to Uninstalling HP Printer Software (Mac) for more help.

Continue to the next step.

Reinstall the HP software

Go to the HP website to download and install the most current version of the Mac driver and software for your printer.

1. Turn on the printer.

2. If your printer is connected to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer. The software installation prompts you to connect the cable if needed.

3. Go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads.

4. If a Let's identify your product to get started page displays, click Printer, type your printer model number, and then click Submit.

The software results page for your printer displays with the default operating system selected.

5. If you need to change the operating system, click Change, select your version, and then click Change.

6. Click Download next to HP Easy Start or next to the full feature driver, depending on the option that displays.

7. Open the Downloads folder, and then open the HP Easy Start file or the full feature driver .dmg file to begin the installation.

8. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up the printer connection and install the software.

9. If you are prompted to add the printer to the printer queue, click the name of your printer, click the Use or Print Using menu, select the name of your printer in the pop-up menu, and then click Add.

Select your printer name in the Use menu on the Add screen

10. Return to the HP installer to complete the installation.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

That's great! Happy to hear that. If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day ahead!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.