Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
CC530A (HP 304A) toner -- black cartridge

I need to laser print using a carbon black pigment toner, or other permanent black _pigment_ toner.

Currently, the only printer at work is a LaserJet CP2025 Series Model CB495A

• Does the CC530A or HP 304A toner (black) use _carbon pigment_ ?
  • Are the CC530A and HP 304A toners the exact same product?
  • If the black is a pigment, but not made with carbon, what is the pigment?
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

You can search the HP website for the MSDS sheets which will list major components. Less than 6% of the toner composition on this model is carbon black.

http://h22235.www2.hp.com/hpinfo/globalcitizenship/environment/productdata/ljmsdsuseng.html?jumpid=i...

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks Repairatrooper,

<6% is not much. Is the black mainly due to dye, then? I see no mention of other pigment, such as iron oxide, in the MSDS sheet. And I see no mention of dye.

Do you know if the CC530A and HP 304A cartridges are the exact same black toners?

HP Recommended

the majority of the toner is plastic in new printers. You need to look for an older Laserjet 4000 series to get higher carbon black %.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

For your other question @Sky_Hye, CC530A and HP 304A are the exact same cartridge, one is the cartridge name and the other is its SKU number:

https://store.hp.com/in-en/default/hp-304a-black-original-laserjet-toner-cartridge-cc530a.html

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank you, Shlomi.

To all, the people at work have been claiming that ColorSphere toners are archival, although I cannot find reference to this in specifications.

• Assuming the paper is non-acidic and protected from damage, how many decades will print from the least permanent of the [probable] dyes in these toners remain unaltered in hue and opacity?
  • How long will the black dye remain unaltered?

Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.