cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Is it OK to pull the mains plug to CLP during printer standby?

HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet CP3525 (CC470A)

I hope the question is clear and needs no further explanation. Yet here it is again with extensions: 

I want to remotely switch my HP Color LaserJet CP3525 (CC470A) printer off (and on) and need to know whether it could be harmful if mains is cut during printer standby.
There is operation mode (shut off would be detrimental in several ways, as I assume) and maybe there is a third mode "ready mode" just after operation before fall back to stand by. What about this mode? If existent, would it be harmful to cut mains then?

Thanks for any help or helpful comments.

GB

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 6
360 359 33 49
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It isn't the ideal way to power off a printer, but is sometimes done to fix strange problems with printers. I wouldn't recommend that as a frequent method, but I think it shouldn't cause a problem, but that's not to say that it couldn't have unintended consequences if done at an inopportune time. As long as the printer is in Standby or Ready, it should be OK, still don't recommend it as a frequent thing. Using the power button is preferred as that allows the printer to shut down in an orderly fashion. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, ALS-77

This is about the state of knowledge that I have or had but lacked certainty. Since the printer has just a soft power on/off button and no hard switch I am not sure what it usually does immediately after a power off request.So let's hope someone with factual knowledge of the HP printers and printerware will read and care to comment because I really wish to not harm my printer but couldn't get HP support working on it since the device is no longer supported by them.

GB

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation