Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet 1018
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I am thinking of updating to MacOS Catalina. Is it possible to run the HP Laserjet 1018 on Catalina?  

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Shugabub 

Hello,

Proceed as follows, to install your printer on your Mac:

1. Connect the USB cable to the USB port on the Mac and to the printer.

2. Download and install the HP Printer Drivers v5.1 for OS X.

3. On the Apple menu, click System Preferences....

4. On the View menu, click Printers & Scanners.

5. Click on the + sign to add the printer.

6. Click the Name printer.
  7. In the Use field, scroll down the list to choose Select Software....

8. In the search field type 1015, then select HP LaserJet 1015.

9. Click OK, and then Add.

10. Click Continue, then follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation.
  11. Try to print.

Do not hesitate to contact us in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Hi There.  Unfortunately, this did not work for me.  The job is being sent to printer & I am receiving notice of completion but there is absolutely no movement from the printer.

HP Recommended
I have not updated to Catalina yet, but I am planning to soon. I guess I will see if things work.
HP Recommended

Hello, I tried to print but it doesn't work. It says : "Connecting with printer" and all. What I should do?

HP Recommended

thanx brother ur answer was really helpful only one thing i need to add for HP LaserJet 1018 owners that in the given drivers package there are no drivers for HP LJ1018 but 1022 exists u can use them insted of 1018
Thank You

HP Recommended

Salam if u own 1018 then u can use 1022 as well it will work In Sha Allah m using my self Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.