Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP M605 Enterprise

I've got a couple of Laser Jet Enterprise M605 printers that all of a sudden are not printing jobs from a computers running windows 10 x64 enterprise.  These printers are not going through a print server and are usually printed via direct IP port connections.  I've noticed with the machines that running network config or settings reports from the Administration>Reports screen will take minutes to start printing and will print 2 pages, freeze, 2 pages, freeze, etc.  Even if all of the pages are from one report - like printing the Fonts page.  This will print faster if I set the reports in the queue and then unplug the network cable.  Then the reports print as fast as you would expect them to print.  Is this a network card issue on these printers or is there something else that can be causing these issues?

Some more information, I've noticed that when connecting to the printers via the web interface, all screens take a while to render on my computer.  Once I get to the Network Section, the initial render of the Network section takes a while, but any links in the network section will open up as fast as expected.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I would suggest that you format the drives in the printers and reinstall the latest firmware as you may have some corruption in the files system on the printers.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thank you Repairatrooper for your response.  I tried to do this with one of the printers and it doesn't look like it has a hard drive in it.  At least not a platter style or an SSD like what the pictures show in the different online instructions that I had found.  I did update the firmware but that took about 2 hours to do on this one printer.  Still the same issue.  The printer does not want to print anything until i remove the network cable, then it will print the reports like one would expect and it will print any documents that were in it's queue.  otherwise, you have to wait about 10 mins or so for a page or two to print, then a couple of minutes for the next couple of pages.

HP Recommended

This unit uses a solid state drive. You need to go into the preboot menu and format the drive and then install the firmware. Check YouTube for video on how to do that.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I tried this with the older one that had the cancel button like all of the YouTube videos showed.  I could not find the ones to show how to do it with the touchscreen only systems.  I finally found an article today that said what to do - Touch the HP logo in the middle of the control-panel display when you see the 1/8 under the logo  (Control-panel system diagnostics (touchscreen control panel - https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c04671555).

Reformatting the drive and updating the firmware did not seem to help with the older system but I am attempting it with the newer one that has the touchscreen only.  I'm also running some diagnostics from the preboot menu.  If I can figure out how to save that information and then open it to be readable, I'll post that information as well.

HP Recommended

The LCD screen only printer seems to be printing faster this morning before I did the reformat but it was still taking 6 to 10 minutes to print the first page.  When I tried to print a configuration report it still would not print until I unplugged the network cable.  I performed the reformat and firmware update.  The configuration report still would not print unless I removed the network cable.  I'm thinking I'm going to have to replace the formatter on these two printers that are having this issue or replace them with a newer printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.