Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Hp envy 4512

So, I am trying to print a certificate for my son, but no matter how much I shrink it under 100%, the bottom and right side keep getting cut off.  I ran the windows printer test page, and there were no issues with that.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@A_Sailors_Wife

Boundaries are a function of the software you are using to submit the job the printer.

Edges and document boundaries are also impacted by the type of document.

For example,

Chrome - printing on the web

If you are printing a file from / on the web and using Chrome, the document margins may need to be adjusted.

Print_Preview_Chrome_2_MarginsPrint_Preview_Chrome_2_Margins 

PDF file on the computer

If the document is a PDF file stored on your computer and the boundaries won't stay corralled inside the document, consider updating / installing your PDF reader / printing software and / or printing that document as an image.

Print as Image

If the file will not print due to unusual content (odd fonts, color schemes, tables, other oddities), print the file as an Image.  Image printing does not require the printer software to translate file content.

Reinstall / Update your PDF Reader (Adobe Reader DC / Foxit Reader)

• HINT: Watch out for and UNCHECK unwanted extra software

Open the offending PDF file in Adobe Reader DC > File > Print > Advanced >>

1. Set the printer select the colors (Optional)
  2. Print the PDF file as an image

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.