Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Jamming on every sheet, file printing a little low, possibly related to new toner cartridges

HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro 200 color M251nw
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Hi!

I've had this printer for a few years with no issues.  I just bought new toner and it has started to jam after every sheet I print, even if the job is only one sheet.  The sheet gets stuck about 90% of the way out.  I can pull the paper out easily, but it still says there's a jam in output bin.  If I print more than one page, there is a paper there, too and I pull it out.  Also, the printing starts maybe 1/4 of an inch lower than it should, causing the bottom to get slightly cut off, depending on the file .

This is where it get strange, though.  If I've only printed one sheet, I don't even need to open the back.  If I open the front (where the toner cartridges are) enough to lift them a bit (this naturally happens when the door is opened), the printer goes through Initializing and is ready to print again.

So, I can print one sheet at a time, pulling the paper out, opening and closing the front between each sheet, continuously.  Obviously, this is tedious and time consuming (as the initializing process takes a bit) and I can only print for personal use since it's not printing centered on the page.

I'm frustrated as I just spent a ton of money on HP brand color toners thinking they would help keep my printer going for longer.  Any tips or ideas about what might be going on would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
5,327 5,294 566 1,255
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Make sure the paper size setting on the printer matches the actual installed paper.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I appreciate the thought!  Settings were on "all types."  I tried switching specifically to letter but the same thing still happened.

Also, not sure if it's relevant, but the problem happens even when I print test sheets or files from the menu on the printer, like graph/notebook paper or music sheets.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation