Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP color Laser Jet Pro M254nw
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I have just bought a new HP Color Laserjet Pro M254nw printer. The duplex automatic printing was the main criteria. On the HP site it said it had automatic Duplex.  Also, the shop I bought it from said the same.

When installing I do see the Duplex option but not on the printer webpage, only on the options and supplies.

I have reset my printing system twice, deleted everything, even network settings to start over. I have tried from iphone, imac, macbrook pro. Nothing works. Is this a driver issue? Some HP sites say this type of printer does not have automatic duplex and some it does. 

What I have tried:

1. System>Printer> Options & Supplies>duplex unit (10 times and it unchecks every time after a print job)

2. Resetting Print system

3. Resetting network settings (to be on the safe side)

4. The webprinter page  - which does not mention Duplex.

Any suggestions, not already mentioned above, would be welcome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

On your title you refer to teh M254nw model, on your description you refer to the M254dw model specs...

Those are different models and only the M254dw offeres automatic duplexing, the M264nw model do not offer a such:

Duplex printing - No
http://www8.hp.com/emea_middle_east/en/products/printers/product-detail.html?oid=14121226#!tab=specs

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

On your title you refer to teh M254nw model, on your description you refer to the M254dw model specs...

Those are different models and only the M254dw offeres automatic duplexing, the M264nw model do not offer a such:

Duplex printing - No
http://www8.hp.com/emea_middle_east/en/products/printers/product-detail.html?oid=14121226#!tab=specs

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

THanks Shlomi,

YEs, this is indeed the correct answer. By accident the store sent me the wrong printer, so now it's been sent back and the new one works perfectly!

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.