Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (75 Views)

Laser Jet Pro MFP M177fw: cooling down mode

Product Name: M177fw
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I did every suggestions in this thread. and the problem continues.  

the printer is cooling down every 3-4pages..  

I have been printing for about about 6 hours.  this is not right.  It started with first 12 pages.  it does print more than 3 pages.  directly plugged in the wall outlet and also this is a  brand new printer.  we just opened it about 2 days ago.  all HP products.  vell ventilated.  

I need to by pass this mode.  please send me some thing or way to get by this. 

0 Kudos
Honor Student
Message 2 of 3 (66 Views)

Re: Laser Jet Pro MFP M177fw: cooling down mode

It is a brand new product and the customer service persoannel at HP just told me( I called since I received a private email to call CS) . that it is my problem.  

It is my problem.  CS told me that I have to pay for the cooling down system to be dismissed or the printer to work.  I asked the CS agent that even if this is right out of the box i have to pay.  the agent told me it is my problem.  

Really?  When the product is piece of junk, and I havent to stumble upon it and purchased,  it is my problem? 

HP Support Agent
Message 3 of 3 (45 Views)

Re: Laser Jet Pro MFP M177fw: cooling down mode

@kMicah

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. Smiley Happy I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M177fw printer. I read that the printer is cooling down every 3-4 pages. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Is the printer placed in a well-ventilated area?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector. Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

Please perform a firmware update on the printer via this link

I hope this information helps. However, if the issue persists then you may reset the printer to its original settings. I have sent you a private message with the reset steps.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know. All the best! Smiley Happy

MKazi
I am an HP Employee

If you find this post helpful then you can help others find the same solution by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation