Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Laser Jet Pro MFP M281fdw Display Screen is blank / unresponsive

HP Recommended
Laser Jet Pro MFP M281fdw
macOS 10.15 Catalina

The display screen on my Laser Jet Pro MFP M281fdw stopped working. It's blank and unresponsive. I have followed all the instructions on HP site (turn off, wait, turn back on / unplug, wait, turn back on), but no luck. Tried calling multiple service centers suggested on HP site, only to be informed that none of them service HP printers. Suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,561 6,563 259 405
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Wombat21 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you have a LaserJet Pro MFP M281fdw printer. I read that the printer is powered on but the printer's display is blank. You have restarted the printer and that did not fix it. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Did any hardware changes take place on the printer?

I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector.
  • Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

If the printer's display is still blank then I suggest you perform a firmware update on the printer via this link.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation