Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laser m402
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Laser m402 printer says out of paper, yet full

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello!

Have you tried rebooting the printer?

Or, take out tray and paper, slide the tray guides around and set back to LTR?

There may be a tray sensor too for these printers I'm sure, but don't know exactly.

Not an HP rep, fellow IT tech only. 8-)
HP Recommended

Yes, tried your suggestions. Took all the paper drawers out, checked rollers, then check inside the printer, rebooted and reloaded software. The problem persists. However a new twist, I can now get it to print from Tray 2 but have to hit "OK" for each printing.

Thanks for trying to help, 

Trying to return it to Amazon,

''

HP Recommended

I'm happy to hear you got it to print!

Your new issue may be simple. Most HP printers have a setting called "Use Requested Tray", set that to "First."

Usually you can find that setting in Tray Settings from web GUI, or by going into Configure Device -> Tray Behavior.

HP Recommended

I'll give it a try and let you know the results.

Thanks AGAIN,

**bleep**

HP Recommended

"

I'll give it a try and let you know the results.

Thanks AGAIN,

**bleep**"

Sounds good! Though, I wonder what was behind "bleep." HP censors at work? 😛

HP Recommended

DONT KNOW ABOUT THE BLEEP, JUST SIGNED OUT WITH A THANKS AND MY NAME. MAYBE THEY THOUGHT MY NAME WAS A DIRTY WORD.

HP Recommended

Out of curiosity, did my solution help? Thanks.

HP Recommended

Has anyone solved this? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.