Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet 1320
macOS 10.12 Sierra

My LaserJet 1320 is finally accepting print orders again (flashing green light), but it prints only blank pages.  I chatted with an HP agent earlier today for 1-1/2 hours, but can't get a yes or no answer on whether I can upgrade the software.  It was working fine until I upgraded to macOS Sierra Version 10.12.6 on my iMac (2009).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

2 possiblities come to mind. First did you pull the toner dam plastic strip on the toner cartridge to release the toner for printing. If not that then when you open the toner door on the right side there is a protusion at the top that has a white piece that is pushed in by a tab on the toner door. If that white piece is missing or the tab is bent or broken you will get blank pages sonce that white piece when pushed in opens the shutter that covers the laser/scanner lens when you open the toner door. If you do a google search for the service manual just look for nstructions on how to remove the laseer/scanner and with those instructions you can remove the shutter which is really not needed unless you are constantly opening and closing the toner.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

We need to determine if the issue is software or hardware. To test press the green button down while the machine is ready and continue to hold until all lights start to flash and then release. The printer will print a configuration page. Tell use if it prints or if the sheet is blank.

HP Recommended

I pressed the green button for a very long time; only the top two (green and orange) flashed.  When I quit pressing the green button, the printer printed a piece of paper very slowly -- it has no black print on it, only white stripes.  ???  It has a brand new ink cartridge in it, and it's solidly in place.

HP Recommended

2 possiblities come to mind. First did you pull the toner dam plastic strip on the toner cartridge to release the toner for printing. If not that then when you open the toner door on the right side there is a protusion at the top that has a white piece that is pushed in by a tab on the toner door. If that white piece is missing or the tab is bent or broken you will get blank pages sonce that white piece when pushed in opens the shutter that covers the laser/scanner lens when you open the toner door. If you do a google search for the service manual just look for nstructions on how to remove the laseer/scanner and with those instructions you can remove the shutter which is really not needed unless you are constantly opening and closing the toner.

HP Recommended

Fantastic! You’re absolutely right — I forgot to take the orange thing off.  In several hours of “chat” and phone calls with both HP and Apple, you’d think someone would have suggested that!  You’re a genius. Thanks. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.