MarcG1
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

LaserJet 1320 spots and tearing

HP Recommended
LaserJet 1320

Hello.  My LaserJet 1320 recently started adding spots (smears, streaks) down the veritical length of the page when printing.  There is also a small tear mark occasionally which lines up with it.  I have replaced the cartridge and the problem persists.  I opened the printer and looked around at things that align with the spots and don't see anything unusual.  Suggestions?   Please see photo attached.

IMG_3588.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
ALS-77
Level 6
360 359 34 52
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That looks like your fuser is damaged and causing those issues. You'll need to replace the fuser. 

There are multiple part numbers available for the 120v fuser:

RM1-1289-080,

RM1-1289-000,

FM2-6717-000

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.
Also, To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

MarcG1
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Replacing the fuser fixed the problem, thank you. 

For anyone considering the job, it's a bit complicated, there are lots of different types of screws and not a lot of good online documentation.  When the left door is off the machine, you will not be able to close the door to the ink catridge.  Don't be a fool like me and think that this is a problem, it's by design.  There is a notch in the left door that pushes something in that allows the door to close.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation