Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

@SolShan,

I'm glad you got this issue sorted out.

Do visit our HP Forums and drop us a message anytime you need help.

Thank you 😀

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

it isn't sorted out, seems like a huge issue that HP can't be bothered to fox. I can't change the router a d none of your suggested fixes work. I'll probably have to buy a new printer now

HP Recommended

@SolShan,

In this scenario, I would personally suggest you contact our HP support team so that they can remotely take control of your PC and help you check the settings.

HP support can be reached on www.hp.com/contacthp

Select the product type.

Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

Select the country from the drop-down.

You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi - I had the same problem and spent a good week on this one trying every solution I could find.

I have an HP LaserJet Pro 200 color MFP M276nw.  I recently switched some services w. my ISP and they sent me a new router.  Upon setting it up, all connections to other devices worked on both the 2.4 GHz and 5GHz, all except for the HP printer.  The printer worked wirelessly with the previous router.

Fixes attempted included:

- Using the "Wireless Setup Wizard" on the LCD screen

- Using the WPS (pushbutton method) directly on the router

- WPS pushbutton after moving the printer closer

- logged into the router and tried WPS push button there

- also tried WPS PIN method

- tried changing the password, setting the channel to manual and electing different channels, resetting the router

- using the HP printer utility to set up a USB connected printer wirelessly (both Mac OS and Windows 10)

All failed until I was able to change the security setting to WPA (not WPA2 or WPA-WPA2-Personal).  Changing the setting to WPA solved the issue immediately and my printer is now connected to the network and works on all devices!  The HP printer will not work on WPA2 at all (at least not mine)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.