Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet 3392
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Years ago, I used one of these printers at a community house and was able to print using the booklet option, however I have tired and I can't seem to find that option.

I do have one of thses untis secondhand and its been working great, however I can't find the booklet pritning option.

Anyhelp?

printer.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

So, I fixed my problem.

What was it?

First, I had trusted Microsoft for the drivers and second, I had trusted the drivers listed on the HP product page. I don't know why, but the drivers I tried from here https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-laserjet-3392-all-in-one-printer/1161396 , allowed the printer to work, but nothing like it can.

So I went from seeing this, when I prerssed the printer options:printer.PNG

To the two you see below, are after I found a driver:Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Now, I have access to the booklet options and yes I was able to print one.

What did I do, I searched for the Windows XP driver file and found a HP FTP site with it listed, after testing it on a Windows XP box I found that it work, so I then downloaded the lasets driver on the FTP site and used it on my Windows 10 computer, I had two options and ended up having to install it twice.

Now I have way more options, than I have seen in years.

The FTP site is ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/UPD/ I do not know if it will work for you, but it did work for myself.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi I would like to assist to the best of my ability to solve your problem.I hope the information i supply will be of help.Just for information some technical information is protected by HP and is not allowed to be answered.This is unfortunate and you will have to contact a HP repair shop for the help in this case.Maybe try the duplex options and see if that will not help.I don't know this model of printer of hand but could not find anything in the specifications that mentioned booklet printing.

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

#################################################################
I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
#################################################################
HP Recommended

@Copier-Pro wrote:

Hi I would like to assist to the best of my ability to solve your problem.I hope the information i supply will be of help.Just for information some technical information is protected by HP and is not allowed to be answered.This is unfortunate and you will have to contact a HP repair shop for the help in this case.Maybe try the duplex options and see if that will not help.I don't know this model of printer of hand but could not find anything in the specifications that mentioned booklet printing.

No there is nothing physically wrong with the printer its self, I have been able to use the duplexing option myself many in the past and today even, with out any problems.

The issue is with the driver options, I have download the latest driver from the HP support site and I still have not had anyluck finding the booklet printing options.

HP Recommended

So, I fixed my problem.

What was it?

First, I had trusted Microsoft for the drivers and second, I had trusted the drivers listed on the HP product page. I don't know why, but the drivers I tried from here https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-laserjet-3392-all-in-one-printer/1161396 , allowed the printer to work, but nothing like it can.

So I went from seeing this, when I prerssed the printer options:printer.PNG

To the two you see below, are after I found a driver:Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Now, I have access to the booklet options and yes I was able to print one.

What did I do, I searched for the Windows XP driver file and found a HP FTP site with it listed, after testing it on a Windows XP box I found that it work, so I then downloaded the lasets driver on the FTP site and used it on my Windows 10 computer, I had two options and ended up having to install it twice.

Now I have way more options, than I have seen in years.

The FTP site is ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/UPD/ I do not know if it will work for you, but it did work for myself.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.