Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I have a old HP LaserJet 4L that still works (better than my HP Officejet Pro 8600). Any suggestions for a reputable supplier of Toner Cartridges?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Where are you located geographically? Some of the older models with very low demand for supplies can result in a "take what you can get" situation. We re-manufacture cartridges but have not done a 4L in over 10 years.  

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

The answer to your question is totally dependent on the precise interpretation OF your question.

What I mean by that is:  when you say "Any suggestions for a reputable supplier of Toner Cartridges?"......do you mean "someone from whom you can buy NEW toner cartridges"? Or do you really mean "someone who can REFILL your existing/old cartridge"?

And that's precisely why the OTHER person (repairatrooper) asked "WHERE ARE YOU?" Because the sale of REFILLED toner cartridges is a very regional/localized, geographically driven, often franchised (but just as often not), entrepreneurial business model.

What I'm trying to say is, there aren't any or many MacDonalds or Burger Kings in the USED TONER CARTRIDGE business. There ARE lots of Joe's, Bill's, Super Duper's and Get-Great-Cartridge mom and pop suppliers out there.

My advice: do a Google search...find a nearby provider who's been in the business for 5 years...try them.

If you don't like the performance of their product, hold them to their performance/warranty guarantee. They WILL have a guarantee if they've been around for 5 years.

If you're not happy with them, move on to the next Google search result.

Michael,
St. Catharines, ON, CANADA
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.