Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I cannot get my HP LaserJet BP1525nw to print.  It says "memory low".  So when I click the OK button then it prints one page that says PCL XL Error and Error:  InsufficientMemory.

How do I clear the memory?  And if I do clear it; how can I keep my wireless connection for it?  

Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

CarylAug,

The printer memory is full which is why your are receiving this error message. Try turning your printer off and on again. This should clear the memory from the printer. When you send print jobs down to the printer, try sending them in smaller chunks. Every so ofter, power cycle your printer to clear the memory and your should not have this problem in the future.

Memory is low

Press [OK]
The product memory is almost full.Press OK to finish the job, or press X to cancel the job.

Break the job into smaller jobs that contain fewer pages.
I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

CarylAug,

The printer memory is full which is why your are receiving this error message. Try turning your printer off and on again. This should clear the memory from the printer. When you send print jobs down to the printer, try sending them in smaller chunks. Every so ofter, power cycle your printer to clear the memory and your should not have this problem in the future.

Memory is low

Press [OK]
The product memory is almost full.Press OK to finish the job, or press X to cancel the job.

Break the job into smaller jobs that contain fewer pages.
I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

HP Recommended

Thanks for the insight.  It worked!  I found the section where it told me press the o.k. button; but nothing on how to clear the memory.  I will just need to turn it off and on from time to time.   Simple, but couldn't find it anywhere!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the tip but but i'm not sure that is good to switch off/on the printer each time you get this error.

And it's very annoying because it always print a page with this message

PCL XL Error

Subsystem : GE

Error : InsufficientMemory

File Name : stripProcessor.c

Line Number : 914

and i'm also experiencing the error below (printed on a single page) when i'm printing some pdf. Maybe i will have to open a new thread for that ?

PCL XL Error

Subsystem : KERNEL

Error : IllegalAttributeCombination

File Name : kerlib.c

Line Number : 1121

Thanks in advance for your help.

HP Recommended

Has been happening with my 1525 since new whenever I print a map.  Almost never with text.  I even purchased additional memory.  HP should offer or have offered a real fix for this problem.

Sometimes turning off does not work.  Must be left off for 5-10 minutes.

HP Recommended

Did you do a hard reset on it when you turned it off?

My recommendation is to unplug the power cable from either the back of the printer or the wall, while it is still powered on.

Wait about 30 seconds and plug it back in. It should boot back up automatically.

The hard reset will clear or refresh the memory in the printer and should help to resolve your issue.

Let me know if that helps.

Best of luck,

Kyle.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Thanks Kyle - That does work and is my go-to solution for other tech problems as well.  When in the middle of a project it is time consuming.  I keep hoping that HP will have a real solution with software.

HP Recommended

Have you tried updating the firmware for the printer yet?

In the firmware update notes, one of the items listed is "Fixed memory leak issue".

Here is a link to the firmware update, I would definitely recommend trying it out. From the sound of it, it should fix your issue.

HP LaserJet Firmware Update Utility

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended
Firmware installed. I will need to check the operation later.

Thanks Kyle!
HP Recommended

Not a problem! If you don't mind, report back to me and let me know if that resolved your issue!

Best of luck,

Kyle

Signature
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.