Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
montell123
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

LaserJet M1217 nfw MFP printer stuck in initializing state upon startup. Please help.

LaserJet M1217 nfw MFP
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My LaserJet M1217 nfw MFP printer is stuck in the initializing phase upon startup. It appears that it cannot go past this phase of startup and it is stuck in a loop. I tried a hard reset (unplug power cord from wall and back of printer, remove USB cable, wait 2-3 minutes, hold down power button for 30 seconds and then plug power cord back into wall and back of printer) and it did not work. Please help. I need to use this printer for work and for some reason cannot even find a number to call HP tech support to trouble shoot. Very frustrating.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,621 19,609 1,295 1,959
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

LaserJet M1217 nfw MFP printer stuck in initializing state upon startup. Please help.

@montell123,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the printer is not booting and stuck on initializing screen.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you update the printer firmware following the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02919168

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
montell123
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks. I don't think this solution works. The first method by which I can update the firmware is directly through the printer. Since the printer is stuck in an endless initializing loop, I cannot access any settings on my printer, which defeats this process . The next method is to update the firmware through a connected computer. This printer has not been installed on my computer. I purchased a new computer and have not been able to install the printer, because the printer never proceeds past the initializing stage. After downloading the latest firmware for the printer, I opened the file and received an error message that said it cannot find such a printer installed on this system. That makes sense, because I have not been able to install this printer on my computer. The last update method requires the printer to be detectable on my smart phone. Since the printer is stuck in an endless initializing loop, it cannot connect to the internet, either by wireless or with an ethernet cable plugged in. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to fix this issue.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,439 18,347 1,051 1,152
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@montell123

This seems to be a hardware issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation