Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet M125
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

can ayone help me to solve a problem with LaserJet M125 printer, that is connected to my PC via USB? I upgraded my Windows 7 OS to Win 10 1909 and now I am unable to print anything. All updates installed, other printers work fine.

The M125 is connected, does NOT appear offline, the print jobs are not stucking in the queue, windows troubleshooting assistant says, that everything is OK. I also run the print and scan doctor, that did not solve the problem. During the process I tried to print a test page from the PC and it did not work, but when the doctor tried to print a test page directly from the printer, it worked. Also updated the printers firmware and reinstalled the drivers.

When I tried to scan using the windows app, and it was OK.

Thanks for suggestions

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Ladeko

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Please uninstall the printer driver from root level and download the full feature software

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 
2.) Select your HP Printer 
3.) Select Uninstall 
4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 
5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’ 
6.) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”) 
8.) Click on the “Drivers” tab 
9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 
10.) Select Ok 
11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 
12.) Close Devices and Printers
13.) Restart the computer and download the Full Feature Software from Here and follow the onscreen Instructions

Try printing and let me know how it goes 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

This might be the problem:

Issue
Print jobs fail after installing Microsoft updates KB4522016 or KB4517211, sometimes causing a remote procedure call (RPC) error.
The updates, which Microsoft issued, might cause intermittent print spooler issues that can result in the cancellation or failure of print jobs. The printer spooler failure might cause some apps to close or to generate errors.

note: This issue is not HP printer specific and can affect other devices.

The following symptoms can occur:
• After clicking Print, the application closes and needs to be reopened.
• The print job appears in the print queue and then hangs.
• The print job appears in the print queue and then disappears.

Solution
1. Check to see if Microsoft updates KB4522016 or KB4517211 were installed on the Windows 10 device.
a. On the Windows 10 device, click the Start button.
b. Click Settings.
c. Click Update & Security.
d. Click View update history.
e. Check the update history list to see if Microsoft updates KB4522016 or KB4517211 are listed as installed. If Microsoft updates KB4522016 or KB4517211 are installed, go to the next step.

2. Install Microsoft update KB4524147, released on October 3, 2019, which includes a solution for this issue. If this does not resolve the issue, see Printer Issues After Updating Windows 10 for more troubleshooting advice.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.