• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

LaserJet M277 printing blue all over color top of page in b& w

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I print with my HP LaserJet M277 in color the whole page is colored blue. When I print in black and white a blue band covers the top of the page. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
228 232 23 109
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Dohrman ,
Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Please upload:

1. Supplies Status Report, and
  2. One example

Regards
Andreas

If my post resolved your problem please mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks”!

German community:
created 11,631 posts + generated 1,114 solutions + received 1,654 kudos

I'm not an employee of HP, I'm as volunteer here.
Requests via Private Messages (PM) cannot be answered.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
5,325 5,292 566 1,255
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If the page is clearly cyan then in most cases it will be a failed cyan cartridge. One of the toner control blades in the cartridge is defective. HP Warrants cartridges until they reach low so if the supplies status does not indicate end of life and this is an actual HP cartridge and not a 3rd party or refill you can contact HP regarding warranty on the cartridge. They will require a copy of the supplies status page. Go to support.hp.com to find contact info.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, Repairatrooper. Your explanation made sense, so I ordered a new cyan cartridge. It worked like magic—literally. Because of the Fourth of July holiday weekend, the new cartridge has not yet arrived but my printer is working fine. Go figure.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation