Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro 200 Color M251nw
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

I see that many others have had this same problem. Printer just 1 week out of the box. I have tried printing both via ethernet and wireless - same issue - anything more than about a page of text promptly leads to the "memory is low job canceled" message. Both the firmware and the driver are updated. I have done several power resets, and the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet. IPV6 is turned off, Archive printing is turned on. I have tried resetting the printing system on my iMac, running Yosemite 10.10.2. Extraordinarily frustrating!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

So, after a long conversation with tech support...it might be a Mac thing. I ended up clearing the printing system (delete all printers, then ctrl-click in the now-empty printers box) and re-installing. The critical step here is to select the LaserJet Pro 200 by name, not the "Air Print" option. Upon reinstallation printing works just fine...until it doesn't. I have had to repeat the process once already. A pain, but it works. Parenthetically, I am now using the printer wirelessly instead of via ethernet. Not sure if it matters, but that was the other suggestion made via tech support.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @brianlp ,

I see by your post that you are getting a low memory message. I will certainly do my best to help you.

You have already done, most of the steps that I would have provided.

The printer memory is full which is why your are receiving this error message. Try turning your printer off and on again. This should clear the memory from the printer. When you send print jobs down to the printer, try sending them in smaller chunks. Every so ofter, power cycle your printer to clear the memory and your should not have this problem in the future.

You might need to do a hard reset.
Leave the printer on and unplug the power cable from the printer and wall outlet for 60 seconds.
Then reconnect the power cable to the printer and wall outlet rather than a surge protector.
This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation.

Memory is low message, this information is provided by the manual on page 92. LASERJET PRO 200 COLOR.

Memory is low Press [OK]
Description
The product memory is almost full.
Recommended action
Press the OK button to finish the job, or press the Cancel button to cancel the job.
Break the job into smaller jobs that contain fewer pages.

Try connecting the printer by a USB connection, to see if you have the same results. Just to rule out a network interference. Let me know.

I will send you another step to try in a private message.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

If you need further assistance, just let me know.

Have a great day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi brianlp ,

I was just wondering if you are still having issues with the "Low Memory" error.

I have tried these steps on another thread and it did resolve the issue.

From what I have seen so far, the printer is not getting the "Low Memory" error when it is connected by a USB cable.
That would lead me to believe that it might be a communication issue over the network.

Delete the printer from Printers and Scanners.
Click on the +  button, select the IP Protocol across the top, type in the printer's IPv4 address, select Jet Direct below and then Apply.

Test the printer again.

Please let me know.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I had the exact same problem.

My HP LaserJet Pro 200 is probably a few years old now, but was working flawlessly and all of a sudden I was getting this "memory is low job canceled" message on everything, even very small text files.

I tried all of this reset the printer stuff and none of it seemed to work.

Finally, I deleted the printer from my Mac, hit the + to add a new printer, after the menu came up I selected my printer, but I changed the default "Airplay" Optiion to the printer name.   This seemed to solve the problem.  Now I'm printing again no problem.  Either Apple or HP changed something that broke this because it was working fine before.

Who knows...  but this got me printing again, hope it helps someone else.

-john

HP Recommended

YES. This is the solution that worked for me. Thank you John17.

HP Recommended

So, after a long conversation with tech support...it might be a Mac thing. I ended up clearing the printing system (delete all printers, then ctrl-click in the now-empty printers box) and re-installing. The critical step here is to select the LaserJet Pro 200 by name, not the "Air Print" option. Upon reinstallation printing works just fine...until it doesn't. I have had to repeat the process once already. A pain, but it works. Parenthetically, I am now using the printer wirelessly instead of via ethernet. Not sure if it matters, but that was the other suggestion made via tech support.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.