Level 3
37 28 1 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

LaserJet Pro 200 power cycling

HP LaserJet Pro 200 color MFP M276nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all.  I have an HP LaserJet Pro 200 color MFP M276nw printer/scanner.  I don't print very often--maybe twice per month (and only a few sheets at a time).  I use the scanner maybe once a week.  Would there be any drawbacks if I kept the printer off, and turned it on only when I needed to print/scan?  

I ask mainly because with previous printers (all inkjets), if I recall, every time the printer was powered on, it would use a little ink.  I'm not sure if that's the case with this printer (or laserjets in general).  Or perhaps that usage is so minuscule that it won't make a difference?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
3,567 3,553 354 744
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laserjets will use some toner to perform calibrations to ensure that color prints are properly registered. I am not sure on the home models like this if that occurs during every turn on or after X number of pages. If you print that little I would be tempted to turn it off to save wear and tear on the device.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
0 Kudos
cag8f
Level 3
37 28 1 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.

>>  am not sure on the home models like this if that occurs during every turn on or after X number of pages.

Is it possible to message tech support to obtain a definitive answer on that?  If so, do you know how I would do that?  Or might they reply here?

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation