2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

LaserJet Pro MFP M227fdw does not allow duplex printing

HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro MFP M227fdw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just purchased this printer. It is advertised as Auto Duplex. However, when I used the HP Smart app to manage the settings, it shows only single sided printing available. It also thinks this is a color printer. When I installed the driver from the disc that came with it, it now allows double sided printing but only manually. It also still thinks it is a color printer. The computer is directly connected to the printer with the cable that came with the printer. 

Can anyone tell me if this printer supports auto duplexing? Would really appreciate any input and advice otherwise the printer will have to be returned.  I've used many HP printers and have never experienced an issue like this one. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
28,054 27,777 4,877 11,002
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,
Make sure the Automatic Duplexing option is enabled:

Enter Control Panel > Devices and Printers.
Right click the printer icon, then click Printer Properties.
Click the Device Settings tab.
Set the Automatic Two-Sided Duplex Accessory as installed and click OK to save the change.

Now Automatic Duplexing should become available.

Regards,
Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your answer! When I went to the Device Settings tab, it said the Duplex Unit was not installed. Once I rebooted, it allowed me to change the setting to installed. 

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation