02-04-2020 07:51 AM
My laserjet printer has suddenly stopped copying and scanning, without any error message. Printing works just fine.
02-04-2020 07:57 AM
Please use HP Print and Scan Doctor to solve the problem automatically.
Please check the Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service to see if it is working properly by doing the following:
- On the keyboard, press the Windows flag and the R key simultaneously. The Run window opens.
- Type services.msc and OK. The Services (local) window opens.
- Double-click on Windows Image Acquisition, then click on the Connection tab.
- Check Local System Account and Allow the service to interact with the office.
- Click on the Dependencies tab and check that Remote Procedure Call (RPC) and Kernel Hardware Detection exist in the first window.
- Click on the General tab, and restart the service by clicking on Stop, then Start.
- Close the Services window.
- Try to scan.
If the Kernel hardware detection dependency does not exist, please add it as follows:
- Simultaneously press the Windows flag and the R key. The Run window opens.
- Type regedit, then OK. The registry editor opens.
- Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then SYSTEM, CurrentControlSet, Services and select StiSvc.
- In the right pane double click on Depend on service.
- You will find RpcSs, just add ShellHWDetection below then click on Enter and OK.
- Close the registry editor.
- Try to scan.
In case of need, please do not hesitate to contact us.
|I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accepted Solution! Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.|
HP Expert support community HP France.